- Sold to a young Sydney family for an disclosed sum earlier this month
- Property sits on 330 acres south of Murrurundi
- Original building was completed in 1875
The Historic Bickham Homestead, which has not been listed in 165 years, was sold on 7 April for an undisclosed sum.
The 330-acre property is located 12 kilometres south of Murrurundi and 26kms north of Scone in the Upper Hunter Valley.
The homestead itself was originally constructed progressively throughout the mid-1860s before being completed in 1875. It was designed in the style of Edmund Balcket, a colonial-era architect whose portfolio included the original University of Sydney buildings along with St Andrews Cathedral and St Saviour’s Cathedral in Goulburn.
Since then it has gone through multiple refurbishments, the latest being 1995 which focused on preserving many original forms and colours while adding contemporary conveniences. A floodlit tennis court was installed in 2000 as were other features such as an inground pool and various sheds.
In terms of water, the property has a long frontage – approximately 4 kilometres – to the Pages River with multiple holes that supply the homestead’s water.
The property has 12 main paddocks and during a typical season, the property runs around 70 cows and calves.
Though the sale price has not been disclosed, numerous reports suggest bids in the mid $2 millions was received for the property. A private young Sydney-based family has purchased the property.