- Victoria is heading into another snap lockdown
- REIV suggests online alternatives to many of the real estate tasks that are now not allowed
- A COVIDSafe Plan must be in place for all businesses
As Victoria heads into another snap lockdown here is what you can and cannot do as a real estate business based on the latest information from REIV.
While home opens of sale or rental properties are not permitted, online inspections are an alternative that is allowed.
Inspections are allowed, however, for pre-settlement, commencement or end of lease services, they have to be conducted with COVIDSafe measures in place.
Routine inspections can be conducted online. It is recommended that these be
postponed till restrictions are lifted.
Auctions are not permitted unless they can be held online.
In terms of the office, this should only be attended to for tasks that cannot be done from home, this might include handing over or collecting keys for a settlement. Permitted worker permits are not required.
Other exceptions could be to perform essential or emergency maintenance or to allow employees to collect materials or equipment required for them to work from home.
Otherwise, all other work must be done from home.
Cleaners are permitted to operate as long as the workplace is listed on the.
COVIDSafe plans must be in place and enforced. Including the following:
- Ensuring physical distancing
- Practice good hygiene
- Keep records of employees and customers. Take quick action if workers become unwell
- A fitted face mask must be worn at all times, when outside of the home unless you have a lawful reason not to.