- Premier One Construction won HIA Perth Home of the Year.
- Dale Alcock took home the Affordable Housing of the Year award.
- Zorzi Builders claimed Renovation/Addition of the Year.
A three-level Mount Pleasant home by boutique custom builder Premier One Constructions has been awarded the 2023 HIA Perth Home of the Year.
The HIA Housing Awards, split into regions throughout Australia, gives home builders and designers the chance to showcase their high quality work to the broader industry.
HIA WA executive director, Michael McGowan, said the variety of entrants in this year’s awards was a testament to the craftsmanship of Perth’s home building industry.
“From luxury homes to small and affordable product, liveable homes and apartments, the innovation in design, material, and construction methods highlights an industry that continues to push forward, improve, and endeavour to deliver the very best for homeowners despite the challenging conditions,” he said.
The winning home
McGowan said the Mount Pleasant home displayed exceptional crafstmanship and faultless attention to detail that made it the standout entry amongst a very strong field.
“The home is not only exquisitely luxurious but also has been ingeniously designed to maximise the site, capture the lifestyle of the owners, and integrate innovative and environmentally sustainable features including 48 PV panels, double and triple glazing, and full control automation,” he said.
McGowan added that the home exudes natural tones, and showcases complementary blend of materials to provide a warm, bold, yet edgy touch.
- Dale Alcock Homes Projects and Department of Communities Housing Authority were awarded Affordable Housing of the Year for their joint project in Banksia Grove consisting of eight units.
- Zorzi Builders was awarded Renovation/Addition of the Year for an extensive renovation to a three-storey riverfront home in Dalkeith.
- Humphrey Homes picked up the Peter Overman Award for Innovation in Housing of the Year for their Swanbourne home.
- Rural Building Company won project of the year in Gidgegannup.
- Macri Exclusive Homes won the Golden Key Award for Perth Display Home of the Year.
- Viva Developments won the award for Small Lot Housing for a two-storey home designed to maximise the space on a compact 226sqm lot in Alfred Cove.