- Charter Hall's David Harrison takes the reins from Stephen Corny AM
- The board for the first time will feature a gender balance
- The PCA currently has 2,200 member companies
David Harrison, Charter Hall’s Managing Director and Group CEO, has been elected as the Property Council of Australia’s (PCA) newest President.
He will be replacing Stephen Corny AM, CEO of Australia and New Zealand-JLL, whose two-year term ended at the Property Council’s latest board meeting.
Two new Vice Presidents have been elected; Bob Johnston, CEO of The GPT Group and Sophie Fallman, the Managing Partner of Real Estate – Brookfield.
For the first time in the PCA’s history, the new 20-member Board, which features both national and local leaders, will have a 50:50 gender balance.
Upon being elected as the new President, Mr Harrison said it was an honour to take on the role, especially during such a critical time in the industry’s history.
“It has been a tough year for the property sector, but we should be proud of the major role the industry has played in Australia’s response to the COVID pandemic,”
“Property has done much of the heavy lifting to pull our economy out of recession and stands ready to achieve even better results over the long term with a continuation of positive policy settings.”
David Harrison, President of the Property Council of Australia
Mr Harrison remarked that given 1.48 million Australians are employed by the property industry and collectively contribute $234.7 billion to the economy, it is in the interest of all levels of government to protect the health of the industry.
“As stimulus and support measures are wound down the Property Council will be leading the public debate on reactivating CBDs, resuming overseas migration and reforms to our tax and planning systems.”
The full board is as per below:
- David Harrison – Managing Director and Group CEO, Charter Hall
- Stephen Conry AM – CEO, Australia and New Zealand JLL
- Sophie Fallman – Managing Partner, Real Estate, Brookfield
- Bob Johnston – CEO, The Gpt Group
- Peter Allen – CEO. Scentre Group
- Virginia Briggs – Acting CEO, Minter Ellison
- Jonathon Callaghan – CEO, Investa
- Deborah Coakley – Executive General Manager, Funds Management, Dexus
- Adrian Esplin – CEO, Sarah Constructions
- Kim Gregory – Fund Manager – Mandates, Investa
- Andrew Hay – Director, Auxilium Property
- M-L MacDonald – CEO, Masonic Care
- Kylie O’Connor – Head of Real Estate AMP Capital
- Stuart Penklis – Head of Residential, Mirvac
- Kylie Rampa – CEO Property, Australia Lendlease
- Arabella Rohde – Senior Development Manager, Lendlease
- Sam Tarascio – Managing Director, Salta
- Mark Steinert – Managing Director & CEO, Stockland
- Josephine Sukkar AM – Principal, Buildcorp
- Paige Walker – GM, Residential Development WA, Mirvac
NOTE: The original article incorrectly listed Sam Tarascio as Stockland CEO – this has since been changed.