- Billbergia Wentworth Town Centre project won the award
- Billbergia committed to developing quality and sustainable living environments
The Billbergia Group’s 11-hectare Wentworth Town Centre project has been announced winner of the 2021 prestigious Urban Development Institute of Australia’s (UDIA) National Awards for Excellence in the category of Masterplanned Development at the Annual UDIA NSW Winter Luncheon.
The award was presented by UDIA National President Simon Basheer at the annual luncheon, which was attended by over 500 UDIA NSW members.
Mr John Kinsella AM, Managing Director of the Billbergia Group said Billbergia was extremely proud to see their 15-year vision come to fruition in the vibrant community now living at Wentworth Point.
“To be recognised on a national level is an outstanding achievement,” said Mr Kinsella.
“I would like to congratulate those we have worked with us as well as the community at Wentworth Point on being recognised as the national award winner in category of Masterplanned Development.”
Billbergia said they aimed to develop quality living environments by creating well-planned, accessible communities that promote a healthy lifestyle, sustainable living and vibrant areas for stimulating social interaction.
The project includes:
- 3,700 apartments on completion;
- A 3,500sqm Community Centre and Library (which recently received a ‘Commendation’ in the 2021 Australian Library Design Awards);
- Award-winning ‘super neighbourhood’ shopping centre with active street frontages and outdoor dining;
- Vibrant streetscape with high-quality granite paving and deep-planted mature landscaping;
- Privately funded $63 million Bennelong Bridge, a public transport bridge that connects the precinct to the city’s heavy rail network at Rhodes;
- The free Baylink Shuttle community bus service that has already reached three million passenger trips in its first three years of service.
The judging panel said that more than simply a residential development project, Wentworth Point has resulted in a development that delivers an outstanding level of public amenity, with easy access to transport, shopping, dining and a range of social and community infrastructure.