- Property sales increased in all categories last week in Perth
- Stock listed for sale and rent remain well below same time last year
- 1,000 real estate professionals attended reiwa.com Awards Ball at Crown Perth
Sales activity increased by 8% last week in Perth, with members of the Real Estate Institute of Western Australia (REIWA) reporting 931 transactions.
This increase was fuelled by a sharp 23% increase in unit sales and an 18% increase in vacant land sales. Houses increased by 3%. Baldivis was the top-selling suburb with 12 sales, with Canning Vale, Maylands and Scarborough all recording 11 sales last week.
Nudging towards the psychological 1,000 sales a week mark, puts the Perth market into the ‘running hot’ category, and with only 8,503 properties on the market in Perth, there is barely two months of stock.
Last week’s sales figure is 3% higher than a month ago but 21% lower than the same time last year, when the economy was snapping out of its pandemic pause.
In terms of rentals, there were 2,379 properties for rent last week, 6% lower than the previous week. Compared to four weeks ago, this figure is down by 11% and more than a quarter down at the same time last year, at 26%, reflecting the ever-tightening Perth rental market.
The inner Perth CBD had the most available rentals at 108, followed by East Perth at 86.
Leasing activity increased by 5% in Perth last week, with 804 properties leased according to REIWA members. Perth and East Perth were the top leased suburbs with 28 and 26 leased properties each.
reiwa.com 2021 Awards Ball
Amid the galloping property market, the annual reiwa.com Awards Ball was held last week with 1,000 Western Australian real estate professionals in attendance.
No doubt much merriment was had by all, considering the market had been in a perpetual downturn from 2014 through to 2020. The turnaround over the last 12 months has been “remarkable”, according to REIWA.
“After a long and sustained downturn, it’s wonderful to be able to celebrate the achievements of WA real estate’s top performers at a time when the market is performing well.”
Neville Pozzi, REIWA CEO
Along with awards for the top-selling agents and agencies in WA, the reiwa.com Awards also include four property management categories and, for the first time ever, four commercial sales awards.
“It’s been a tough year for the WA rental market and REIWA property managers have been at the forefront helping their clients navigate the various challenges that have arisen over the last 12 months,” Mr Pozzi said.
“We are pleased to honour the top achievers in the industry and highlight the valuable service WA property managers offer their clients and community.
“Commercial real estate is a very important component of the WA real estate market and we are delighted to be able to acknowledge the best and brightest in this sector of our industry.”
2021 reiwa.com Award winners
- Top Boutique Office by Listings Sold – Willow Tree Realty
- Top Boutique Office by Value Sold – White House Property Partners
- Top Small Office by Listings Sold – One Residential
- Top Small Office by Value Sold – DUET Property Group
- Top Medium Office by Listings Sold – Harcourts Mandurah
- Top Medium Office by Value Sold – Realmark Coastal
- Top Large Office by Listings Sold – The Agency
- Top Large Office by Value Sold – The Agency
- Top Office by Auction Listings Sold – ACTON Rockingham
- Top Franchise and/or Marketing Group by Listing Sold – Ray White
- Top Franchise and/or Marketing Group by Value Sold – Ray White
- Top Office Land Project Marketing – Land4Sale
- Top Office Residential Project Marketing – Nicheliving Real Estate
- Top Listing Rookie – Sarah Hart, Nicheliving Real Estate
- Top Salesperson Land Project Marketing – Samantha Davies, Land4Sale
- Top Salesperson Residential Project Marketing – Steve Jones, Jones Realty & Projects
- Top Salesperson by Auction Listings Sold – Roslyn Ierace, Elders Southern Districts Estate Agency
- Top Unassisted Salesperson by Listings Sold – Shane Beaumont, One Residential
- Top Unassisted Salesperson by Value Sold – Matthew Podesta, Mont Property
- Top Assisted Salesperson by Listings Sold – Adam Naumovski, The Agency
- Top Assisted Salesperson by Value Sold – Daniel Gonzalez, Realty Lane
- Top Team by Listings Sold – Team Standley, Barr & Standley
- Top Team by Value Sold – Vivien Yap & Co, Ray White Dalkeith | Claremont
Residential property management
- Top Office by Lowest Median Number of Days on Market for 10-49 residential properties leased – Dana Fulton Property Management
- Top Office by Lowest Median Number of Days on Market for 50-149 residential properties leased – LJ Hooker Joondalup
- Top Office by Lowest Median Number of Days on Market for 150-249 residential properties leased – Urban Habitat Real Estate
- Top Office by Lowest Median Number of Days on Market for 250 and more residential properties leased – Pure Leasing Central
- Top Office by Commercial Listings Sold – Burgess Rawson
- Top Office by Commercial Value Sold – Burgess Rawson
- Top Salesperson by Commercial Listings Sold – Paul Scarfone, Ross Scarfone Real Estate
- Top Salesperson by Commercial Value Sold – Jamie Loh, Jamie Loh Real Estate